sign in a cave in Laos

9 October 2013

Some snail shells from Pahang and Perak limestone

I've just spent a few days caving in the Merapoh area of Pahang, followed by a trip to Perak. I saw a variety of snail shells, and took some photos of the larger ones.

This group of shells are the ones commonly seen in photos associated with Perak Man -


The yellow shell is Amphidromus atricallosus perakensis , and is also found across the border in Pahang!



This looks like the African land snail, though they are far smaller than the ones I've seen in Africa -
although this one is bigger -

The next photo shows a shell I collected in Madadascar above one I collected in Perak -












I would welcome any identifications for the above shells.

© Liz Price
No reproduction without permission

No comments:

Post a Comment